Sunday, February 1, 2015

emotions and the superbowl

So I find it funny how a super bowl can bring so much emotions out! First off let me say I have always been a competitive person and I have always loved watching football especially watching my brothers play! I have never ever really had a favorite NFL team or really watched  a ton of NFL football but always went to all my brothers games, felt like I was with them every play! When I married my husband Josh I became a fan of the Seattle SeaHawks I grew a love and passion for watching them play! It's kind of silly in the grand skeem of things how serious I take the games, how a loss can be so devastating and a win can make you feel like you are on top of the world; or how when people talk bad about a player on your team how defensive you can become and lets be honest everyone defends there team you cant tell me other wise! Sometimes I feel like I can some what relate to Richard Sherman just because I feel like he probably says things he doesn't mean because he is acting out of passion and emotion which some people seem to forget that professional athletes and anyone Famous for that matter are just everyday people who yes should account for the actions but they are not perfect just like you and me! I feel like he is a great guy and yes he may appear cocky to some and confident to other. It just seems that people are always judging others when they do not even know the real person, they just know what the media makes them out to be which makes me realize how much I truly need to take a break from social media because most the time I feel like Satan uses this to get us discouraged, depressed, and even angry or at least I know I have felt all of these things from social media. I realized tonight why I love sports, when your watching your team play you forget about everything that's going on in your life like trials and you get immersed in the game! When your team scores you triumph, you feel that amazing feeling of accomplishment and hope! When your team is loosing you rally with them, give encouragement and sit on the edge of your seat anxiously waiting for there results! When they are defeated you feel the pain of discouragement, defeat and failure! Well lets just say I felt all of those feelings tonight! I realized which this sounds silly the Seahawks gave me an outlet to not think about all of the doctors appointments that I had to go to this week, or the non stop crying , messes to be cleaned, all of the expectations I have for my self that Im not meeting, the fact that Im not at the weight I want to be, or the mother I think I should be, wishing I could help my little Koa not hurt any more or get sick, or the fact that I wish I could take my kids to the park and had more time to spend one on one time with my Jayla and wishing for things to be normal! They gave me hope that things would be better and brighter tomorrow! So as I was pouting for better word because they lost and talking over and over about the would if's that could of happened I began to feel so depressed thinking of all the things that are going wrong and all the trials that seem to be never ending and keep coming our way, I got on my knees! I pored my heart out to the lord I realized that I have bottled so so many emotions and feelings up in the past year that it just took the seahawks loosing the super bowl for them to all come out! I know that the lord was just waiting for me to come clean with him about everything I have been feeling and continue to feel on a daily basis or how the fear of the unknown is always there. The lord can give me more hope than any sports game can through reading my scriptures and me taking the time to let him in! Sports are a great thing and I will always love them but at the end of the day its just a game! Thank you to my husband for helping me work through my thoughts and emotions, its really hard I feel like to work through those emotions and truly determine what we are feeling or why we are feeling that way! There is hope and I know if I just believe and stay positive through these hard times the lord will help me move mountains! Its been really hard to keep my head above water and not get depressed but Im so grateful for my husband for loving me through the good and the bad times, he is my rock and I am grateful for him everyday! I dont know how to explain everything I am feeling and I know this may all make no sense but I pray that I can keep getting better at working through my emotions! I hope that I can be the best mom and person that I can be! I hope I can find a love for my self and an enjoyment of all the little things in life! There is hope in all things and even though the seahawks lost I will never give up on them just like I know heavenly father will never give up on me no matter how many mistakes I make at the end of the day he will always love me and thats what is going to get me through this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment